In rural areas of the Philippines where money is scarce and electricity is ifffy, they’ve come up with novel way to light up their living spaces.
They’ve found a way to create lighted areas by opening up recycled plastic soda bottles, adding water and a little chlorine. The result is free and cheap light. If the bottle wears out they just replace it cheaply with another plastic bottle.
Last 5 posts in Solar Buzz
- Simple Solar Cooker From Pizza Box - March 4th, 2013
- Jobs In Solar: Energy Sales, Entry-Mid Level ($20-60K) (Orange County C) - February 5th, 2013
- DIY: Cleaning Your Solar Panels - January 21st, 2013
- Using the Spectrum to Improve Solar Efficiency - December 29th, 2012
- Fun Educational Solar Transformer Toy - December 28th, 2012