Date: 2011-11-11, 4:54PM EST
Reply to: see below
Are you looking for a rewarding role where you can leverage your experience and knowledge?
Are you seeking an environment where you can increase your design skills?
Then, we want to hear from you!
Astrum Solar (www.astrumsolar.com) is a rapidly growing company whose goal is to spread solar power to rooftops across the US, targeting residential customers. We aim to innovate in the sales and marketing of solar to consumers and to make it easy and exciting for homeowners to go solar. We are looking for reliable, hard working, and detail-oriented candidates to design residential solar power systems in Massachusetts. Areas of activity will include the Boston metro area and may include western Massachusetts.
Solar System Designer
As the talented Solar System Designer, you will measure system locations, complete estimates of solar exposure and perform shade analyses of system locations. Design will be completed through a combination of field work and computer modeling. This job requires getting on roof tops — candidates must not be afraid of heights — as well as visiting system locations, taking roof top measurements, solar trajectory, shading and learning to use solar equipment (Pathfinder or Suneye).
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
• Bachelor’s degree
• Familiarity with Google SketchUp, as system designs are presented using SketchUp
• Excellent computer skills
• Good communication skills and the ability to interact in a team environment
• Efficient time management in order to handle multiple projects simultaneously including prioritizing, organizing and planning effectively to meet all deadlines
• Company transportation will be provided for travel to job sites, but applicants should have their own form of transportation for other travel to/from office
• Training provided by company
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation of $32K annually and an extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits, 401(k), and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
Please submit your resume to: http://www.astrumsolar.com/careers
Location: Hopkinton, MA
Last 5 posts in Solar Buzz
- Simple Solar Cooker From Pizza Box - March 4th, 2013
- Jobs In Solar: Energy Sales, Entry-Mid Level ($20-60K) (Orange County C) - February 5th, 2013
- DIY: Cleaning Your Solar Panels - January 21st, 2013
- Using the Spectrum to Improve Solar Efficiency - December 29th, 2012
- Fun Educational Solar Transformer Toy - December 28th, 2012