China has made it clear that it wants to add solar energy generation at a fast pace, so it’s not surprising that the government also has big plans to boost solar manufacturing. In fact, China’s Ministry of Industry and Information Technology posted a plan Friday that calls for certain polysilicon producers to reach 50,000 tons of annual production capacity by 2015; it also wants solar cell makers to reach 5 gigawatts of annual capacity by the same time frame.
Last 5 posts in Solar News
- NLP Solar Sales Training | 2 Loan Programs | Live Webinar April 17th & 18th - April 6th, 2013
- The Limits of Renewable Energy: A Call for Research and Development - April 5th, 2013
- The Regulatory Energy Reform Imperative - April 5th, 2013
- BrightSource Shelves Another Major CSP Project - April 4th, 2013
- New Survey: Republican Voters Support Action on Clean Energy, Climate Change - April 4th, 2013