Précis:Tex Wilkins, Executive Director of the new US Concentrated Solar Power Alliance, on how concentrated solar power provides a base load alternative to fossil fuels.
Interview by Rikki Stancich
Last week, (March 06) three leading companies in the concentrated solar power (CSP) sector, BrightSource Enery, Abengoa and Torresol, officially launched an advocacy group, the Concentrating Solar Power Alliance. Their objective is to educate electricity market stakeholders about concentrated solar power’s ability to provide 24-7 electricity, by using thermal storage.Related Content:Image:Primary Event:Premium`:NoImage Caption:Gemasolar, world's first commercial-scale plant central tower receiver plant with molten salt heat storage.
Last 5 posts in Concentrating Solar Power
- South Africa Update: New CSP allocation in round three of the REIPPP - June 19th, 2013
- South Africa - a key solar power market for Fresnel? - June 17th, 2013
- SEGS experience suggests that CSP will age gracefully - June 6th, 2013
- Market potential of CSP in the mining industry worldwide - June 5th, 2013
- Tamil Nadu CSP Pilot Project - June 3rd, 2013