To produce the maximum amount of energy, solar cells are designed to absorb as much light from the sun as possible. Now researchers have suggested — and demonstrated — a counter-intuitive concept: solar cells should be designed to be more like LEDs, able to emit light as well as absorb it.
Last 5 posts in Science Updates
- Artificial forest for solar water-splitting: First fully integrated artificial photosynthesis nanosystem - May 16th, 2013
- Significant improvement in performance of solar-powered hydrogen generation - May 15th, 2013
- Solar panels as inexpensive as paint? - May 13th, 2013
- 'Power plants': How to harvest electricity directly from plants - May 9th, 2013
- Value in concentrating solar power to add to electric grid calculated - May 7th, 2013