In order to meet its recently announced goal to reduce the annual revenue breakeven level in its Energy and Environment Solutions (EES) segment from $800 million to $500 million in FY 2013, Applied Materials yesterday said it would be laying off approximately 250 people and moving its precision wafering system (PWS) solar business from Cheseaux, Switzerland to Asia. The EES segment includes Applied Material’s solar and LED business units.
Last 5 posts in Solar News
- NLP Solar Sales Training | 2 Loan Programs | Live Webinar April 17th & 18th - April 6th, 2013
- The Limits of Renewable Energy: A Call for Research and Development - April 5th, 2013
- The Regulatory Energy Reform Imperative - April 5th, 2013
- BrightSource Shelves Another Major CSP Project - April 4th, 2013
- New Survey: Republican Voters Support Action on Clean Energy, Climate Change - April 4th, 2013