Historically, PV modules installed in snowy climates have been part of small, off-grid arrays mounted at very steep tilt angles. This is done both to shed snow quickly and to maximise winter output. Unfortunately, this concedes too much annual energy to be a good design strategy for larger contemporary systems.
Last 5 posts in Solar News
- NLP Solar Sales Training | 2 Loan Programs | Live Webinar April 17th & 18th - April 6th, 2013
- The Limits of Renewable Energy: A Call for Research and Development - April 5th, 2013
- The Regulatory Energy Reform Imperative - April 5th, 2013
- BrightSource Shelves Another Major CSP Project - April 4th, 2013
- New Survey: Republican Voters Support Action on Clean Energy, Climate Change - April 4th, 2013