Précis:Solar power in India is poised to expand rapidly in the next five years but which of the three technologies on offer is best suited this vast and complex new market?
By Francesca Boothby
When examining which CSP technology would be most suitable for India from an operational cost output perspective, there are a number of main factors to be considered.
From the technological standpoint it is important to look at which technology has the best track record, how much it costs, what the encumbent manufacturing and local production options might be and which might produce the best long term advantage versus what potentially costs less in the short term construction phase.Image:Primary Event:Premium`:No
Last 5 posts in Concentrating Solar Power
- South Africa - a key solar power market for Fresnel? - June 17th, 2013
- SEGS experience suggests that CSP will age gracefully - June 6th, 2013
- Market potential of CSP in the mining industry worldwide - June 5th, 2013
- Tamil Nadu CSP Pilot Project - June 3rd, 2013
- Integrating IPPs into SA’s national grid - May 31st, 2013