Let’s be clear: Justice is not an immutable law of nature. Neither math nor physics nor chemistry recognizes justice as one of the universe’s governing principles. The strong, rich, and powerful have, since long before humans emerged, by and large taken what they wanted, when they wanted, and never counted the costs to those they took it from. Despite what Socrates may have said, justice has forever occurred, at best, in fleeting, ephemeral flashes. We yearn for a god capable of seeing and ultimately judging all rights and wrongs — because we know we can’t be counted on to do it ourselves. Small wonder that the legend of Robin Hood – the original 99 percenter — still resonates after 800 years.
Last 5 posts in Solar News
- NLP Solar Sales Training | 2 Loan Programs | Live Webinar April 17th & 18th - April 6th, 2013
- The Limits of Renewable Energy: A Call for Research and Development - April 5th, 2013
- The Regulatory Energy Reform Imperative - April 5th, 2013
- BrightSource Shelves Another Major CSP Project - April 4th, 2013
- New Survey: Republican Voters Support Action on Clean Energy, Climate Change - April 4th, 2013