Scientists have developed photovoltaic cells with an energy conversion efficiency of 21.4 percent, the highest obtained for the type of substrate they used. This breakthrough will contribute to lowering the cost of solar-cell-based installations.
Last 5 posts in Science Updates
- Artificial forest for solar water-splitting: First fully integrated artificial photosynthesis nanosystem - May 16th, 2013
- Significant improvement in performance of solar-powered hydrogen generation - May 15th, 2013
- Solar panels as inexpensive as paint? - May 13th, 2013
- 'Power plants': How to harvest electricity directly from plants - May 9th, 2013
- Value in concentrating solar power to add to electric grid calculated - May 7th, 2013