Précis:It has become accepted that PV represents a cheaper alternative to CSP in terms of initial CAPEX investments. However, what is the financial return like in the long-term?
CSP today investigates a detailed financial comparison between PV and CSP, taking into consideration aspects such as actual cost of electricity produced, plant size, O&M and TES in order to determine which type of energy plant provides better return on investment.
By Marco Poliafico
M Eng, Grad EI
For a free demonstration and access to a free two week trial, please
click here.Image:Primary Event:Premium`:PremiumImage Caption:Cost Comparison between PV and CSP Technology Options [$/kWe installed]
Last 5 posts in Concentrating Solar Power
- South Africa - a key solar power market for Fresnel? - June 17th, 2013
- SEGS experience suggests that CSP will age gracefully - June 6th, 2013
- Market potential of CSP in the mining industry worldwide - June 5th, 2013
- Tamil Nadu CSP Pilot Project - June 3rd, 2013
- Integrating IPPs into SA’s national grid - May 31st, 2013