As solar module manufacturers continue to struggle to stay afloat in an oversupplied market, one more major player is planning to restructure. Yesterday module manufacturer SunPower announced its plan to idle half of its Fab 2 production lines in the Philippines and lay off 900 employees. The company said in a statement that the re-organization is a temporary measure.
Last 5 posts in Solar News
- NLP Solar Sales Training | 2 Loan Programs | Live Webinar April 17th & 18th - April 6th, 2013
- The Limits of Renewable Energy: A Call for Research and Development - April 5th, 2013
- The Regulatory Energy Reform Imperative - April 5th, 2013
- BrightSource Shelves Another Major CSP Project - April 4th, 2013
- New Survey: Republican Voters Support Action on Clean Energy, Climate Change - April 4th, 2013