Rocky Hill, Conn., August 25, 2008 – The Connecticut Clean Energy Fund (CCEF) today announced that the town of Avon, Conn., has joined the Connecticut Clean Energy Communities Program by committing to purchase at least 20% of its electricity for municipal facilities from clean, renewable energy sources by the year 2010. Avon officials signed a resolution declaring the town’s commitment, joining 82 other Connecticut municipalities that have made a commitment to a cleaner environment and greater energy independence.
Last 5 posts in Solar News
- NLP Solar Sales Training | 2 Loan Programs | Live Webinar April 17th & 18th - April 6th, 2013
- The Limits of Renewable Energy: A Call for Research and Development - April 5th, 2013
- The Regulatory Energy Reform Imperative - April 5th, 2013
- BrightSource Shelves Another Major CSP Project - April 4th, 2013
- New Survey: Republican Voters Support Action on Clean Energy, Climate Change - April 4th, 2013